Design Thinking Course
Design Thinking is a methodology for creative problem solving that puts customer’s needs first. The framework provides a structure to find the most valuable solution. It validates a need by enriching the exploration process and gives problem solvers the confidence to say “we can do this”.
The practice is being rapidly adopted globally, as its importance is emphasised by formal learning institutions and in professional environments.
Why take this course?
Push yourself to think differently and challenge current conventional methods and processes. Train yourself to stop and consider the problem, immerse yourself in it, and then decide on a solution.
Be inspired to shift workplace culture. Help facilitate open communication and discussion. Spark a change in thought process and encourage ideas and collaboration. Shape a culture that is comfortable in understanding the importance of failing fast and failing often.
Learn how to be at the cutting edge of your field. Use tools that help you understand user behaviour so deeply that you can predict what they need, before they need it.
Become better at what you do and maximise the returns. Ensure you’re creating a solution that people will want. Acquire the skills and tools needed to validate that you are creating a solution people will want to use.
Become a game changer. Learn to identify areas that are ripe for disruption. Leverage already existing knowledge and insights to transform the way you do things.
Who is it for?
- want to learn and challenge themselves
- want to approach problems differently
- are interested in disrupting the status quo
- want to learn and experience a new way of collaboration
- want to upskill your workforce
- want to train employees to think in unconventional ways
- want to learn how to take what you do and do it better
- want to foster a culture of innovation
- want to work on a problem that they’re currently facing
- want to be able to apply this methodology to a variety of problems in your business
“If you can define the problem differently than everybody else in the industry, you can generate alternatives that others aren’t thinking about.”
What to expect?
- A fun and fast paced day-long course
- To understand the six Design Thinking principles
- To challenge your way of thinking
- To be inspired to approach things differently
- To become a champion of change
- An eagerness to practice part or all of the methodology learnt
- Deepen relationships with colleagues or network with like-minded innovators
- Take home resources and materials from the day
- Creating a How Might We (HMW) statement
- How to curate questions for customer interviews
- Conducting empathy interviews
- Creating empathy maps
- Drawing out insights
- Developing personas
- Creative methods for Ideation
- Developing quick prototypes
- Test & learn methodology
- Understanding the voice of the customer
- Capturing feedback
- How to think differently
- Problem solving
- Ability to have a different perspective
- Small group presentation skills
- Using post-its to capture and organise ideas and thoughts
- Team work:
- How to work in a team environment
- How to work in a diverse team
- How to make decisions as a team
- How to communicate your opinions in a team
Meet the team
Sam brings a young creative mind to the Pickles Ventures business using a variety of design thinking and agile development techniques. Sam approaches problems and challenges with a “question everything”, fearless attitude and enjoys the open and frank discussion that comes with innovation and imaginative thinking.
Gavin is a catalyst and momentum builder who revels in joining the dots and creating new insights and value. A true advocate for design thinking, he has a passion for working with curious people who are unbound by convention.
Nadeen brings her excitement for novel problem-solving and her adaptive skill-set to meld together transdisciplinary perspectives. She is passionate about systemic disruption, recognising the importance in co-creating value to ensure success for all stakeholders.